28-Year-Old In Court Over Alleged N7.1 Million Fraud

28-Year-Old In Court Over Alleged N7.1 Million Fraud
Gavel/ Photo credit: thisdaylive.com

One Mr. Tunde Egbesi has been arraigned before an Ota Senior Magistrates’ Court in Ogun, for allegedly defrauding a man of N7.1 million.

The 28-year-old Egbesi, is facing a two-count charge of fraud and obtaining money under false pretenses, to which he pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mr. G. E. Akan, in pronouncing his judgment granted the accused bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

He said the sureties should be gainfully employed and must reside within the court jurisdiction.

ALSO READ: Tribal War: Akure In Yoruba-Hausa Bloody Communal Clash

Akan also ordered that the sureties should show evidence of tax payment to the Ogun Government and their addresses should be verified by the police.

The Prosecutor, Sgt. Chudu Gbesi, had earlier told the court that the accused committed the offence on Aug. 14, 2017, at about 10 a.m at Sango-Ota.

STAY CONNECTED: Read more news on Surge.ng mobile App

Gbesi said that the accused collected N7.1 million from the complainant, Oluwole Bisiriyi, on the pretext of supplying palm kernel to him.

He said The accused failed to deliver on the promise and did not return the money to the complainant.

The offences contravened Sections 390 (9) and 419 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ogun, 2006.

Surge It

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here