Mascara is what I see to be the spice, the secret behind the beautiful makeup look on your face. A touch of mascara on your eyelids accompanied by a nude lipstick has a way of transforming your entire facial look from a “dull ordinary face” to a “mild-looking beautiful face.”
A little touch of Mascara on a natural face makes your eyes look brighter and lively, when complimented with a nude lipstick, it adds a little color to your face. It takes no time at all, especially when you are running late for an appointment, but still feels like looking a bit different.
Mind you, even when you’re going all out on your makeup, the final touches with mascara will complete your look. At the same time, an improper application of Mascara can ruin your look. If your mascara is clumpy, uneven, or smudged – it may end up looking awful rather than attractive.
Meanwhile, the following products can facilitate your applying mascara like a professional.
- Clean mascara wand
- Primer for the eyes
- Your favorite mascara
- Eyeshadow (of your choice)
- Lash curler
Prior to Mascara Application, Make sure of the following:
- You pick a brand and a color of mascara that is suitable for you. There is a variety to choose from, so take your time to research and understand what you are looking for in mascara. There are different colors so find the one that suits your complexion and hair color. The popular option is black since this tends to open up your eyes more and makes them look bright. However, if you have blonde hair, then brown mascara will make it less flashy.
- Make sure of what you want. Do you seek volume or length? Then, shop according to what you have in mind!
- If you are around water or are prone to excessive sweating. Or even if you are just looking for something to really stay all day! Make sure to invest in good makeup remover which is gentle on the eyes because the waterproof mascaras require some work to get off.
- Endeavor to prep your eyes before you begin your makeup application. Always start off with cleansed eyes. Oil or grime can ruin your look, even before you have begun. So make sure to remove all traces of old makeup, and follow up with a toner and a moisturizer.
- An eyeshadow primer is really important, for it creates a base for your makeup and ensures that your eyeshadow lasts long and stays crease-free. So after moisturizing, apply a primer to your eyelids.
Having done all of the above, here are step by step procedures on how to wear mascara like a professional.
Step 1: Curl Your Lashes!
Start by curling your lashes with a lash curler. Place the curler at the base of your upper lashes, close the curler and hold it in place for a few seconds.
Step 2: Get The Product On The Wand!
Picking the tube of mascara, swirl the wand around to coat the bristles with the mascara properly. Make sure you’re not pumping your wand into the tube repeatedly. This pushes air into the tube and makes the mascara clumpy, and it dries out faster.
Step 3: Coat Your Lashes!
Starting at the roots, apply the mascara with a wriggling motion. This ensures that there is more volume at the roots, and your lashes don’t feel weighed down.
Step 4: Do the same for the lower lashes.
Since they tend to be sparser and smaller, you might even opt for altogether different mascara, or switch over to a wand that has smaller bristles.
Step 5: Brush out The Clumps
If you have lashes that are sticking together or have clumps of mascara on them, you can comb them out with the help of a clean wand.
Step 6: Second Coat
Repeat the mascara application by applying another coat. This depends on the volume you wish to add to your lashes.
Step 7: Curl Again If Required
Let the mascara dry for a few minutes. Now use the lash curler again, for added curling. This step is optional. You can go for it if you are not satisfied with the volume the mascara gives you.
Curl Again If Required!!