Nigerian Govt.: Air Force Fails To Locate Dapchi Girls After More Than 200 Hours of Sorties

nigerian-airforce in search of the abducted Dopchi Girls-Naijagoat.ng_
nigerian-airforce in search of the abducted Dopchi Girls:photo credit/Naijagoat.ng_
Nigerian Government using the Air Force strives but fails to locate and rescue the 110 students taken from their school in Dapchi town, Yobe State on Monday, February, 19 by Boko Haram insurgents despite logging up over 200 flight hours and utilization of its various intelligence platforms in the search for the girls.

In series of tweets, the Presidency announced the relocation of Air Marshal Abubakar, the Chief of Air Staff to Yobe State to lead efforts for rescue of the school girls.

ALSO READ: President Buhari To Address The Nation On Second Term

In response to public criticisms as it affects the government’s inability to locate and rescue the abducted girls, the Presidency through its twitter handles said: @NGRPresident-

“Today Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Abubakar @CAS_AMSadique relocated to Yobe State to personally superintend the search for the missing Dapchi girls.

“The @NigAirForce had earlier deployed more platforms to the N/East, as security agencies ramp up efforts to locate & rescue the girls.

“As at 6pm on Monday February 26, 2018, the @NigAirForce had flown a total of 200 hours conducting searches for the missing Dapchi girls.”

CHECK OUT SURGE DEALS: WOW! BeardGang Made Easy And Achievable With This Swooping Offer.

The above tweets are obviously intended as a response to criticisms that government has done nothing or little over the rescue of the 110 girls kidnapped from Government Girls Science and Technical Secondary School in Bursari local government area of Yobe State.

Reports also has it that the Nigerian Military Authorities were duly notified of the impending danger of  Boko Haram attack in Yobe, weeks before the abduction of the girls took place.

On the other hand, reports  also has it that the military did not only disregard instruction to be on high security alert, but also withdrew its troops from Dapchi, thereby making way for  Boko Haram’s invasion and abduction of the school girls.

STAY CONNECTED: Read more news on mobile app

Meanwhile, it took the Nigerian government six days to officially confirm this kidnap incident. The Police and the Nigerian Military have been trading blames on the responsibility for the security lapses that led to the abduction of the girls.

Surge It